The list of Genealogisms on the Geneadictionary page of this blog has been growing very long thanks to all the contributions that I receive from my genimates.
I have an army of Genealogophiles who are on the lookout for new words for this blog. Their Genearosity which is overwhelming has brought me an embarrassment of riches; I have many potential entries filed away in Evernote for posting. As I have a big holiday around the corner I have also scheduled a couple of months worth of posts to cover the time I am travelling. Then of course there are the words I happen across as I monitor social media each day.
Yesterday I decided to do something about that very long list. I had thought about putting the words in a table but after looking at options threw that idea in the too hard basket. (I’m a lazy old girl). Then I thought that I should be able to insert Anchors on the page just like I used to do in the olden days when I managed a few websites. As my few HTML skills have been forgotten I asked Mr Google for help. I followed the directions here and inserted some headings and anchors on my page. No dramas there.
This has worked but not as well as I would have liked.. My two frustrations are that the anchors don’t seem to be in quite the right place and I cannot select the font size (in points) I want for the list headings in WordPress without installing an addon.
I will come back to address these issues when I am in a more positive frame of mind.